War in the Middle East: Donald Trump still threatens Iran if no agreement…

    3
    0

    22h47

    This live is over

    Thanks for following it. The writing of 20 Minutes Join you tomorrow morning to follow the latest news on the conflict in the Middle East.

    19h58

    Five dead in strikes in Lebanon

    New Israeli strikes killed five people, including two children, in southern Lebanon on Sunday, the Lebanese Health Ministry announced, despite an extension of the truce.

    Three people died in Tayr Felsay and two in Tayr Debba, the ministry said in a preliminary report, specifying that around fifteen people had also been injured in this series of strikes on the south.

    19h03

    Donald Trump menace encore l’Iran

    Donald Trump warned on Sunday on his Truth Social platform that “there will be nothing left of Iran” if Tehran does not sign an agreement with the United States, while negotiations between the two countries are slipping.

    “For Iran, time is running out, and they had better act quickly, otherwise there will be nothing left of them,” threatened the American president.

    5:51 p.m

    The Emirates speak of a “dangerous escalation”

    The United Arab Emirates denounced on Sunday the drone strike which caused a fire near the Barakah nuclear power plant, in the west of the country, without attributing the attack.

    This “constitutes a dangerous escalation, an unacceptable act of aggression and a direct threat to the security of the country”, estimated the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in a press release, affirming that “no threat to security and sovereignty would be tolerated, whatever the circumstances.”

    17h07

    Hezbollah fired around 200 projectiles towards Israel over the weekend

    An Israeli military official said Sunday that Hezbollah fired about 200 projectiles at Israel and Israeli troops in Lebanon over the weekend, despite an agreement between Israel and Lebanon to extend the ceasefire.

    Clashes between Israeli forces and Hezbollah continued even as envoys from the two countries agreed Friday to extend the ceasefire for another 45 days.

    16h40

    The drone that hit a nuclear site entered through the country’s western border

    In a press release, the Ministry of Defense indicates that the anti-aircraft defense systems detected “three drones which had entered through the western border”, two of which were intercepted with success, while the other “hit an electrical generator” near the Barakah power station (west).

    14h10

    Washington made “no concrete concessions” in response to Tehran’s offer, according to Iranian media

    Among the list presented by the American government: that Iran maintain only one nuclear site in operation and transfer its stock of highly enriched uranium to the United States, the establishment of very strict and long-term restrictions on the Iranian nuclear sector, and the conditioning of the cessation of hostilities on all fronts at the opening of negotiations, reported the Fars agency.

    According to this same source, the United States also refused to release “even 25%” of Iranian assets frozen abroad or to pay reparations for the damage suffered by Iran during the war.

    13h58

    International Atomic Energy Agency concerned after strike near nuclear power plant in Emirates

    Its general director, Rafael Grossi, expressed, on the social network

    “Any military activity threatening nuclear safety is unacceptable,†added the head of the UN nuclear safety agency, who said he had been informed by the Emirates “that the radiation levels at the nuclear power plant in Barakah remains normal and no injuries have been reported.”

    12h19

    Fire in Abu Dhabi after drone strike near Barakah nuclear power plant

    “Authorities in Abu Dhabi intervened after a fire broke out in a power generator located outside the internal perimeter of the Barakah nuclear power plant (…) following a drone strike,” he said. said the media office of the local government of Abu Dhabi in a press release.

    “No injuries were reported and no impact on radiological safety levels was noted,” according to the same source.

    10h24

    Iran’s chief negotiator, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, appointed to oversee relations with China

    The latter is also president of the Iranian Parliament and his country’s main negotiator in talks with the United States. He “was recently appointed Iran’s special representative for Chinese affairs,” the Iranian news agency Tasnim said, citing “well-informed sources.”

    It is not yet known who appointed him to this position, but Tasnim specifies that he will be responsible for “coordinating different aspects of Iranian-Chinese relations”.

    09h18

    Yasser Abbas, the eldest son of the president of the Palestinian Authority, elected member of the powerful central committee of Fatah

    The vote was held at the end of the 8th general congress of the nationalist movement yesterday. An event organized simultaneously in Ramallah, Gaza, Cairo and Beirut.

    Preliminary results were published last night.

    08h31

    Death of an Israeli soldier in southern Lebanon

    An Israeli soldier was killed in southern Lebanon, the army announced on Saturday, bringing to 21 the number of deaths in its ranks since the start of the war with pro-Iranian Hezbollah in early March.

    08:15

    Israel carries out new strikes in Lebanon

    On Saturday, Israel carried out a series of strikes on southern Lebanon, despite the truce being extended the day before for another month and a half. The Lebanese National Information Agency (ANI, official) indicated that around twenty villages had been affected.

    08:05

    Welcome to this new Live

    Hello everyone. Like every day, the editorial staff of 20 Minutes is mobilized to give you all the information on the situation in the Middle East.

    If the truce between the United States and Iran still holds, negotiations to obtain peace are at a standstill. And in Lebanon, strikes between Israel and Hezbollah continue.