Israeli strikes in southern Lebanon killed 19 people on Tuesday, the Ministry of Health announced, while Hezbollah reported clashes with Israeli soldiers despite a ceasefire in effect. “An Israeli airstrike on the town of Deir Qanoune al-Nahr, in the district of Tyre, resulted in an initial toll of 10 martyrs including three children and three women, as well as three injured including a child,” the ministry said in a statement, describing the attack as a “massacre.” A woman was among the nine people killed in other strikes across the south, which left 29 injured, including six women and a child.
A strike on Maachouq, north of Tyre, caused the collapse of the two last floors of a building and damaged nearby buildings as well as several parked cars nearby. A strike on the same locality on Monday had destroyed a health center managed by Hezbollah-affiliated rescuers, the Ministry of Health said on Tuesday. According to the Lebanese official National News Agency (Ani), a strike extensively destroyed a neighborhood in Nabatiyeh housing shops, an old mosque, and traditional homes.
The Israeli army had earlier urged residents of 12 Lebanese towns to evacuate, including 11 in the south of the country and one in the Bekaa region (east). It later repeated the same warning. In a separate statement, it announced intercepting a drone that had crossed the border from Lebanon.
Affrontements dans le sud
On the other hand, Hezbollah claimed to have carried out several attacks against Israeli forces in southern Lebanon, as well as against Iron Dome batteries (a layer of the Israeli air defense system) in northern Israel. The movement also claimed responsibility for several attacks on Israeli forces in border towns in the south.
The Lebanese Civil Defense announced on Tuesday to have lost contact with seven Lebanese individuals after an Israeli patrol incursion on the outskirts in the region of Hasbaya. The Israeli army later released four of them, with the other three remaining “captives of the Israeli enemy,” the Civil Defense added.
Israel and Hezbollah continue their clashes despite the ceasefire, with the Israeli army already conducting strikes beyond the “blue line” which marks a zone ten kilometers deep into southern Lebanon where Israeli soldiers continue their operations claiming to protect the population of northern Israel from the shots of the pro-Iranian movement. Since the start of the war, Israeli strikes have claimed the lives of over 3,000 people in Lebanon, according to Lebanese authorities. On the Israeli side, 20 soldiers and a contractor working for the army have been killed in Lebanon since the start of the war on March 2.

/2026/05/19/6a0c093a3d4db851378754.jpg)



