Home Sport The Iranian army warns it will open new fronts in case of...

The Iranian army warns it will open new fronts in case of new American attack.

5
0

The Iranian army warned on Tuesday in a statement that it will “open new fronts” if the United States resume their attacks against Iran, which have been paused since a ceasefire took effect on April 8.

“If the enemy commits the stupidity of falling into the trap of the Zionists and launching a new aggression against our beloved Iran, we will open new fronts against them,” said army spokesperson Mohammad Akraminia, as reported by the Iranian news agency Isna.

On Monday, US President Donald Trump announced that he had canceled a new attack against Iran at the last minute, which he said was supposed to take place on Tuesday, while also stating that there were “very good chances” of reaching an agreement with Tehran.

Since the ceasefire went into effect on April 8, after nearly 40 days of strikes, negotiations have been ongoing to try to reach an agreement, but the positions of both parties remain very far apart, especially on the issue of nuclear power.

Only one session of discussions between American and Iranian representatives took place on April 11 in Islamabad, which ended in failure.

The Iranian diplomacy had responded on Monday morning to a new proposal from the United States aiming to break the diplomatic deadlock and permanently end the war in the Middle East.

They reiterated their demands, particularly calling for the unblocking of frozen Iranian assets abroad and the lifting of international sanctions strangling their economy.

Trump had expressed optimism in front of the press, stating that there were “very good chances” of reaching an agreement with Iran, noting a “very positive” development in negotiations with Tehran, without providing any details on their content.

He did, however, assure that the United States was ready to launch “a total and large-scale attack against Iran at any time if an acceptable agreement was not found” with Tehran.

The head of the Iranian armed forces command, Ali Abdollahi, had responded by warning “the United States and their allies” against any new “strategic and miscalculation errors.”

The agreement in question must ensure that Iran does not acquire nuclear weapons, Trump wrote on his network.

Some Iranian media had already denounced the “excessive conditions” imposed by the United States in their latest offer.

According to the Fars agency, Washington demands that Iran only maintain one nuclear site in operation and transfer its stock of highly enriched uranium to the United States.

Washington also refused to unblock “even 25%” of the assets or pay compensation for the damages suffered by Iran during the war, according to the same source.

AFP